Gilberto's Journey To Recovery

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Papi Moment


I had another “Pop” moment yesterday. I was at work sitting at my desk when I noticed it was 4:25pm. Instinctively, I grabbed my keys to go visit Pop at the nursing home as I have done every night the two weeks prior to his passing away. At first, he would greet me with excitement. After a few days, I would find him sleeping, so I would leave and let him rest. Later, he was awake but not as responsive. Eventually he would be not wake up at all.


On Saturday, October 5th, Jimmy, Ron, Patty and myself agreed to take turns and stay all night so Pop would not be alone. As I was leaving that night, I saw that ours were the only four cars in the parking lot. Side by side. Then and now.

Yes, Gilberto. You taught us well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ron said...

The four of us...side by side...then and now. Amen to that, Bro. Great one!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home